Command & Conquer IV: Tiberian Eclipse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unit suggestions!

+8
Kremlin76
benno242010
SilentMirage
MikeMurdock
CnC_Fin
Naraku
IamError
XxTaLoNxX
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Unit suggestions! Empty Unit suggestions!

Post  XxTaLoNxX Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:06 pm

Hey guys, I'm XxTaLoNxX, I've been a C&C junkie since 1995, but recently I've been waiting for C&C 4 and from what I've read it is horrible and a slap in the face of true fans. So to show my support for this project I figured that this kind of thread was needed. So here are some of my suggestions for the units.

CLASSES

So C&C4 introduced this concept that players can have units based on the player's "class," the thing is C&C3 actually did that with Kane's Wrath and the "factions," and the background/personality that each faction has. So I will elaborate and explain what I mean by that...

GDI - Balanced and had a lot of emphasis on support aircraft. Support class.
Steel Talons - Walkers have as much punch as a tank and twice the maneuverability. Assault class.
ZOCOM - Sonic weapons to combat Tiberium growth/spread ODSTs with shoulder Rockets verse aircraft. Defense class.

Nod - Balanced and has a lot of emphasis on support ground units like the Stealth Tank and Redeemer. Support class.
Marked of Kane - Army of Cyborg Soldiers and Tiberium Troopers. Assault class.
Black Hand - *This faction needs a bit of "re-imagining"* I was thinking of maybe giving them the new Salamander and an improved version of the Obelisk of Light that can target air-units. Defense class.

Individual Units

Avatar - In C&C 3 you could fully upgrade an Avatar by "assimilating" other units like the Flame Tank, Stealth Tank, and Beam Cannon but it still lacked air defense and this is integral when you assimilate all three for an Ultimate Avatar because that is a HUGE investment and the Avatar is one of my favorite units because of the flavor... so my suggestion is to give the Avatar the ability to upgrade to a back mounted AA missle battery from "assimilating" an Attack Bike.

Scorpion Tank - I like what EA did for this unit in C&C 4. I'm not sure if you can do the underground thing but it would be cool if it could grab a mid-sized unit like the APC or the Predator Tank to disable it and then use the mini OboL to kill it.

Titan - This is what should be GDI's equivalent to the Avatar but as it is it is more like the Predator Tank on legs and that's just a re-skin. It desperately needed an upgrade. I believe it got one in C&C 4 and this needs to be the unit model as EA's version is pretty awesome.

Wolverine - I don't think that this unit was included in C&C 4 and I am clueless as to the reasoning behind this. It needs to be in the game as Steel Talons main Anti-Infantry based assault walker it should also be upgraded.

Mantis - This is another unit that is missing from Nod's arsenal and is leaving a huge gap in Nod's anti-air abilities. This is unacceptable and Nod needs to reintroduce these units.

There will be more suggestions later as I think of them. Other suggestions are welcome.
XxTaLoNxX

Back to top Go down

Unit suggestions! Empty Re: Unit suggestions!

Post  IamError Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:55 am

Mobile Sensor Array - It was really helpful for the GDI, because I got warned about those pesky Devils Tongues and Stealth Tanks sneaking up on me. It was missing in CNC3.

Hunter Seeker Droid - They were just pretty damn funny.

NOD Artillery - It was really important in CNC Tiberian Sun, but EA forgot it from CNC3, which totally sucked. This time only GDI had artillery.

Devil's Tongue Flame Tank - How many times has it been said? God dammit, we want it back!

Mammoth Mk.2 - Do I need to say more?
IamError
IamError

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:05 pm

@ OP, we will be using the class names and not the Kw names because they are going to be different, also, at second poster, Mobile Sensor Array is a real classic idea and also very helpful, I'll try to get that in.
Naraku
Naraku
Admin

https://reduxmod.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CnC_Fin Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:51 pm

Couple of units that came to my mind...

- GDI Shepherd Tank, same as in C&C4 (it's actually pretty cool)

- GDI Armored Personnel Carrier. Anyone seen C&C Tiberium mission 1 outro? Take a look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r6qZibTrJU
Adding a heavy machinegun on that would be great

- Nod/Attack/Raider Buggy

- GDI Orca Gunship/Transport. I was wondering a big Orca unit, little bit based on Combat Chinook in Zero Hour, and on Huey Gunship. Basically, Orca, which has vulcan cannons on each side, and that infantry can shoot down from it.

- Nod SSM Launcher, this one was big fun in C&C Tiberian Dawn

- Mobile War factory Very Happy

now my brain got burned, and I can't think anymore right now.
CnC_Fin
CnC_Fin

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeMurdock Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:12 pm

I would like the units in Tiberium of all the infantry unit types.

Also I would like to see either like a newer version of the wolverine or some type of new power armor suit. Somehow I liked the Zone trooper design in 3 more than 4. 3 had like a sleek , but powerful design. 4's design however looks like if mister stay puff and a robot had a disturbing lovechild
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post  XxTaLoNxX Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:48 pm

I must say some of the textures and design for the units coming out are pretty awesome.

Unit suggestions! Arty

I'm not sure what that is but it looks like the Nod Specter... if so I think it is way too square and sharp for Nod vehicle design which has a lot of curves. It also kinda looks like a defensive structure. Maybe an upgrade to the MCV (FINALLY!) which can give it a front line application in the mid-late game as it can quickly "redeploy" and join the battle. Kind of a HIGH RISK = HIGH REWARD strategy that would add a little of the flavor that EA set out for in the "Walkers" with CnC4.

On another note, I was brainstorming and I was thinking about Nod's "anti-infantry" defense weapon and I feel like the Shotgun Turrets in CnC3 was a bit "out of flavor" for Nod and I came up with something that is even scarier than walking into shotguns... walking into FIRE! Nod has been using combustible weaponry since the beginning of this series. So imagine a turret that can shoot out a wall of fire... would you walk through that? It could also get an upgrade where it can go underground (like the Devil's Tongue) and then, SURPRISE! Wall of fire..
XxTaLoNxX

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:13 pm

ok, you should read the descriptions of the picture, they are located to the right of the image, it is a building, btw, there are upgrades to Crawlers in C&C4 (granted they suck, but they're there)

also, a flame turret is in our unit list
Naraku
Naraku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XxTaLoNxX Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:51 pm

Haha, ok, touche' good sir. I'm just trying to help. Is there a unit list for us followers to take a peek at? And I realize that a Flame Turret probably isn't the most creative suggestion but I am surprised that I haven't seen Nod with them yet in a "vanilla" release since they seem to love combustibles so much.

And I know that the Walkers had upgrades but they were poorly implemented. I have a lot of confidence that you guys can do better. I am really surprised that EA has never before actually implemented an MCV upgrade/s beyond a mediocre "speed" upgrade. I always imagined that something of that size could easily support at least one Mammoth railgun and at least two Pitbull rocket pods or two Beam Cannon lasers and a stealth generator for Nod. As for Scrin, I was thinking of a shield upgrade and Tripod lasers? Also I always thought that the "stock" Drone Platform (MCV) for the Scrin was extremely lackluster as far as visual design.
XxTaLoNxX

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:56 pm

In our mod, we will not be working on scrin yet, you will not see them in the mod until after 1.1, also we are almost done with the nod unit/upgrade list and we will be moving on to the gdi list
Naraku
Naraku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XxTaLoNxX Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:06 pm

Please, please, please make the Scrin invasion intimidating. At the end of the Scrin campaign in CnC3 they make it seem like Earth (GDI & Nod) are screwed when the Overlord gets there. I somehow doubt that what we saw was anything close to the full power of the Scrin.
XxTaLoNxX

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:07 pm

We are going along the original campaign and storyline of C&C4, however, in v1.2 of the mod, we will release the scrin support class and we will have a short scrin campaign that goes along the "what if" lines, heheh Twisted Evil
Naraku
Naraku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XxTaLoNxX Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:10 pm

Please do more than 5 missions. The original CnC3 Scrin campaign was kinda a letdown. I've been readily waiting for a good story and campaign that has the ability to make me immersed into the game and leaves me feeling bounce
XxTaLoNxX

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:38 pm

I already made a suggestion at another thread regarding the storylines, it's best that Nod gets a different way of storytelling, just like Westwood did with their C&C games. EA listened to the fans on this one, but sadly, they took it wrongly again, even in RA3, the storylines are interacted with each other despite the separate factions get a different ending. Evil or Very Mad

Moreover, in C&C3, the Theater of War system idea is taken correctly but they do it completely wrong. The whole system's missions you play have to finish them all, not like Tiberian Sun where you can play optional missions or choose either Primary Mission A (Attack via island hopping) or B (Attack from the front but features more powerful units).

So, any ideas for this mod's missions?
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  benno242010 Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:03 pm

I have a classic you might like. The tiberium flame throwers from the original C&C they are great anti infantary units. Also as a support power, a virus missile that infects soldiers and kills them slowly and can be spread to other units if they get to close to the infected unit. A new super weapon would be amazing as well like an upgraded version of the MARV.
A unique one would be if you could have engineers build battle suits by collecting crates. The more the engineer collects, the bigger, stronger and harder the suit becomes, but the suit can only be used once the engineer is inside the suit (garrisoning the engineer). Smile

I no this last part is abit of topic but are you introducing water units.
benno242010

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:32 pm

The Tiberium universe not meant to have any naval units, but C&C3 already got a few but they're not controllable.
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Kremlin76 Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:37 pm

Bring back the Mammoth Mk 2. *nod*
I would personally love to see it in this mod. It's in another mod called tiberium essence for C&C3 but it's not exactly the best looking.
HEre's the video of it, it starts with a FMV from firestorm/tibsun
http://www.vidoemo.com/yvideo.php?c-c-superweapons-return-of-mammoth-mkii=&i=S0JxdjJpcWuRpSEhjYWM

Heres another version in an updated version of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVKJxOah7As
would love to see it. Always thought this should have replaced the Steel Talon's Marv
Kremlin76

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:36 pm

The Mastodon is our Mammoth Mark II, but the problem is, EA changed its weaponry, instead of the railgun we love just like in TS, they changed it the primary weapon to plasma grenades, which I and many of us, hardcore TS fans don't find that cool, so I'm sure right here we'll put back the railguns. The missiles will stay, but I wonder if adding the machine gun for anti-infantry as seen in the TS CGI will work.

EDIT : Oh wait, that is the Tiberian Essence mod, it works, the machine gun is there. Sure thing, but I do have my doubts whether if I may accept that fast moving plasma projectile, that's not like the railgun I know.
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:05 pm

don't worry, we have something really cool planned
Naraku
Naraku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SEA-106 Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:31 pm

I put this suggestion over in the other forum. I thought I would copy it here, to see if people liked it

Nod Fate Squad (yes, this is from the RP Very Happy )

Tier 2 (or maybe 3?) Heavy Infantry
-Stealthed
-Anti-Infantry Tiberium Shard/Tiberium Dart gun
-Anti-Vehicle laser rifle

it would probably end up similar to the zone trooper, with faster speed at the cost of no jet-packs, stealth at the cost of HP, and probably weaker vs. vehicles, but stronger vs. inf.

I'm unsure what class this should be under. Probably Assault or Support. Very Happy
SEA-106

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:59 am

It sounds interesting to have new units, but I got the feeling it's not the right time right now. Our goal here is mostly to remodel the existing & bad-looking C&C4 units to make them become more kickass looking, but the problem is, once I referred to the manual, we have so many units in there already (Many of them which I find them unacceptable in terms of their design), so new units might probably be unnecessary. The only ones that have been redrawn but yet to be modeled are the Scorpion Tank http://www.moddb.com/mods/redux/images/scorpion-tank-concept-i#imagebox and the Mutant Battlebus http://www.moddb.com/mods/redux/images/mutant-battlebus#imagebox , one day we'll see other units like the Avatar & Stealth Tank, they don't look very good in C&C4, but if the modders want to keep the C&C3 avatar & stealth tank, it'll keep the workload down.

And here's another, the mod team here lacks of manpower, especially texture artist. Sad But not me, I used to model before back in college, but sadly, my skills already rusted out badly, so it's extremely difficult to get back to the basics, not to mention I only used Lightwave, the worst 3D and un-user-friendly software I ever seen (Not to mention again its confusing interface, it's so outdated like Windows NT).

EDIT : OMG, I was right, it's been years since I used Lightwave 7, and today's 9.6 still keeps the outdated Windows NT-like interfaces. *facepalms* Dammit I rather be trained to use Maya or 3DsMax instead. I can't believe my lecturer thought me Lightwave long time ago. No
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Kremlin76 Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:51 pm

SilentMirage wrote:The Mastodon is our Mammoth Mark II, but the problem is, EA changed its weaponry, instead of the railgun we love just like in TS, they changed it the primary weapon to plasma grenades, which I and many of us, hardcore TS fans don't find that cool, so I'm sure right here we'll put back the railguns. The missiles will stay, but I wonder if adding the machine gun for anti-infantry as seen in the TS CGI will work.

EDIT : Oh wait, that is the Tiberian Essence mod, it works, the machine gun is there. Sure thing, but I do have my doubts whether if I may accept that fast moving plasma projectile, that's not like the railgun I know.

Plasma? Ugh. I hope you do decide to go with the railgun. There' epic Very Happy
Kremlin76

Back to top Go down

Post  SEA-106 Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:17 pm

I believe it is a railgun, but that the mod attempted to mimic the TS style of railguns. not certain though.
SEA-106

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatalreaper Mon May 03, 2010 3:46 am

Caaannn we like bring back the orca BOMBERS????? PLSSS prettyy pplsssss ...>!!!! =D and subterranian apc + cyborg commando
Fatalreaper

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Mon May 03, 2010 7:42 am

Do not worry, we will. The subterranean APC will come back of course, which I'm not sure the Tiberian Essence mod did that but C&C4 do.

As for the Cyborg Commando, we'll make him look more badass, C&C4's is just so so wrong like hell! As for the Orca Bombers, that yet to be decided, not to mention the fans do gain some fandoms on C&C3's Firehawks. So I'm not sure, the only bomber we'll get is C&C4's Vertigo, that B2-like aircraft is awesome and perfect like the Orca Bomber except it's for the Nod side.
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatalreaper Mon May 03, 2010 12:47 pm

SilentMirage wrote:Do not worry, we will. The subterranean APC will come back of course, which I'm not sure the Tiberian Essence mod did that but C&C4 do.

As for the Cyborg Commando, we'll make him look more badass, C&C4's is just so so wrong like hell! As for the Orca Bombers, that yet to be decided, not to mention the fans do gain some fandoms on C&C3's Firehawks. So I'm not sure, the only bomber we'll get is C&C4's Vertigo, that B2-like aircraft is awesome and perfect like the Orca Bomber except it's for the Nod side.

nice!~ but i would really like the bombers to come back though... =D
Fatalreaper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum