Command & Conquer IV: Tiberian Eclipse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unit suggestions!

+8
Kremlin76
benno242010
SilentMirage
MikeMurdock
CnC_Fin
Naraku
IamError
XxTaLoNxX
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Unit suggestions! - Page 2 Empty Re: Unit suggestions!

Post  SilentMirage Mon May 03, 2010 8:37 pm

We'll do what we can, we have the whole community around us to decide on the units and stuff, not to mention the storylines. We used to try and revise EA's C&C4 scripts, but apparently more fans are upset about the storyline ever since CNCNZ's recent roundtable, so we decide to write our own brand new ones.

So don't worry, we'll figure a way around it. Wink
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatalreaper Mon May 03, 2010 11:20 pm

Lol ok sounds assuring. ahhaha. btw .. have u guys seen this mod?? from tiberium icestorm. http://www.moddb.com/mods/cc3-tiberium-icestorm/images/blue-green-version-2

looks wicked!
Fatalreaper

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Tue May 04, 2010 5:17 am

Fatalreaper wrote:Lol ok sounds assuring. ahhaha. btw .. have u guys seen this mod?? from tiberium icestorm. http://www.moddb.com/mods/cc3-tiberium-icestorm/images/blue-green-version-2

looks wicked!

Those crystals are awesome too, save it for Naraku, we're going to contact them so they can lend us their crystals. Tiberian Essence is another, but I'm not sure how things are going over there, their Mastodon is awesome!

Anyway, we should contact them, I wish their mod will merge with ours. Not to sound of a competition here, it's just the Tiberian universe has ended, so we are asking them to join us to go off with the biggest bang of all.
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Tue May 04, 2010 7:48 am

There's only 2 people on their mod team now, besides, we plan to keep the crystals somewhat like the C&C3 ones and those look similar
Naraku
Naraku
Admin

https://reduxmod.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Tue May 04, 2010 10:50 pm

Naraku wrote:There's only 2 people on their mod team now, besides, we plan to keep the crystals somewhat like the C&C3 ones and those look similar

OUCH! Now that really hurts, only 2 people? Darn, maybe we could invite them to join our mod team. The crystal can retain since it's your decision, but if we let them in, let's see how it goes.

As for the new Tiberian Floater, AWESOME! Hopefully that one is not too hard to model compare to Firestorm's. A regular jellyfish with a few tentacles will do the job. Don't forget to send in the veinhole monster, we really miss these creatures too, except it's going to be used as an obstacle and their deadly roots don't spread.
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiberian Fiend Wed May 05, 2010 10:40 am

There is no reason why the veins can't spread.
Tiberian Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Wed May 05, 2010 10:51 pm

Normally it should be, but do consider about the codings, man. Spreading or un-spreading when dead is kind of difficult to code it when we're in the SAGE engine. An expert coder who coded that in TS is awesome, but in C&C3 is not very sure if it's plausible.

We fans have been begging for that too, the roots are normally used for our TS Chemical Missile, but unfortunately, we might not need that so I got the feeling we just let the roots to become a non-moving obstacle or special terrain (Infantry & aircraft can go over safely while heavy vehicles take damage). As for the monster itself, if we destroy it, the roots might explode or feeble towards death, leaving the terrain safe to cross immediately without waiting for the roots to un-spread itself back to the monster.
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiberian Fiend Thu May 06, 2010 1:18 am

Because the Vein hole monster is deployed like a structure, we can effectively use the tiberium growth script to have the "Veins" (new model tiberium) grow around it, whilst the structure attacks any nearby enemy.

remeber, EA messed the tiberium theme up, it won't need to lose the veins after it's dead, although it could spawn some sort of tiberium cloud unit that attacks the nearest unit to its location, which would consider the veins as a target.
Tiberian Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Thu May 06, 2010 1:36 am

Speaking of growth, I hope you guys make the Tiberium (Not just the veins) to spread like back in TS. EA's C&C3's Tiberium growth is just not the Tiberium we know. According to the game, whenever we play a mission or skirmish for so long (If your enemy has only a barracks & refinery left and you don't destroy it), the Tiberium I saw, when not harvested, they DON'T spread compare to TS.

I hope you can code those Tiberium & veins to grow like crazy like in TS, it should be like that and as the real deal. EA's Tiberium is just not spreading as though like those crystals are depending on the parent unit (The fissure) so much like children instead of being independent.

Oh, don't forget on bringing back our Tiberium blossom trees as a resource spawning point, TS fans and I love that tree so much. I also remember some fans do not like the fissure one bit, me too, I was expecting the fissure to provide a much faster growth rate than the blossom trees, but sadly, EA treat it poorly. So what do you say, replace the fissures with the original blossom trees? Or are we going to use both but the trees have a slower Tiberium spawning rate compare to the fissure?

Naraku?
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiberian Fiend Thu May 06, 2010 5:34 am

SilentMirage wrote:Speaking of growth, I hope you guys make the Tiberium (Not just the veins) to spread like back in TS. EA's C&C3's Tiberium growth is just not the Tiberium we know. According to the game, whenever we play a mission or skirmish for so long (If your enemy has only a barracks & refinery left and you don't destroy it), the Tiberium I saw, when not harvested, they DON'T spread compare to TS.

I hope you can code those Tiberium & veins to grow like crazy like in TS, it should be like that and as the real deal. EA's Tiberium is just not spreading as though like those crystals are depending on the parent unit (The fissure) so much like children instead of being independent.

Oh, don't forget on bringing back our Tiberium blossom trees as a resource spawning point, TS fans and I love that tree so much. I also remember some fans do not like the fissure one bit, me too, I was expecting the fissure to provide a much faster growth rate than the blossom trees, but sadly, EA treat it poorly. So what do you say, replace the fissures with the original blossom trees? Or are we going to use both but the trees have a slower Tiberium spawning rate compare to the fissure?

Naraku?
----------------------------------------------------
I'd love to see the tree back as well as the fauna, but i would want chasm's to provide a more rapid growth rate, think the blue tiberium should take it's shape as small chasms, same size as normal tiberium, but a different growth structure.

also making sure that blue tiberium is explosive, and weak to explosive ammo damage.
Tiberian Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post  Raiden4900 Sat May 08, 2010 6:44 am

IamError wrote:Mobile Sensor Array - It was really helpful for the GDI, because I got warned about those pesky Devils Tongues and Stealth Tanks sneaking up on me. It was missing in CNC3.

Hunter Seeker Droid - They were just pretty damn funny.

NOD Artillery - It was really important in CNC Tiberian Sun, but EA forgot it from CNC3, which totally sucked. This time only GDI had artillery.

Devil's Tongue Flame Tank - How many times has it been said? God dammit, we want it back!

Mammoth Mk.2 - Do I need to say more?

Sorry to say. These are in the Essence mod. Besides. The mod im playing through right now. Who wants a TS2.0 anyway? Its great and all, but taking it from the mod would make us look sucky. But I suggest "borrow" the mods and re-align them to our own babies. Cut down some of the work, yaknow. Make it look as "selfmade" as possible, but professionally ofc. A brand new C&C game, by fans, but better than EA, storywise, gameplaywise and so on. I dream that the mod will looking NOTHING and I mean NOTHING like C&C3, that the mod is build on. New Menu, New Interface, New soundeffects. Total conversion.
Raiden4900
Raiden4900

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiberian Fiend Sat May 08, 2010 7:17 am

After we've focused on completing GDI and Nod, when can consider older units from TS and C&C 3 for the forgotten; as they lack any real factory production or design, they are pretty much the scavangers of the game.
Tiberian Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Sat May 08, 2010 9:59 am

Our mod should be something shiny and brand new like Starcraft 2, a TS 2.0 is more like a cheap upgrade, so it's a no go. As for the Forgetten forces, I think we better create our own instead, copying from the other Forgotten mod is not gonna go well, author permission is one thing, but passing their technology into our mod is going to be a problem in terms of timeline. Their Forgotten mod takes place during C&C3, ours is a replacement of C&C4 (Takes place after Kane's Wrath).

I see what you mean, a total conversion. But remember, Starcraft 2's storyline continues from Brood War. Our mod here MUST also continue after Kane's Wrath, no plotholes like EA did with C&C4's storyline of how they started the show are not allowed.

PS : Is that quote system has a problem? It looks more like our own comments without the quote command was used. Anyway, it's not a big deal when the new forum comes out.
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Sat May 08, 2010 10:07 am

ya, still deciding whether we should upgrade this one or start a new one
Naraku
Naraku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Sat May 08, 2010 10:20 am

Err, do you mean the mod or the forum?

If it's the forum, I'm not sure, since you said it's almost done, but we just won't be sure when it'll be officially released so we can go there. But with the price of old threads right here cannot be transported over there like if we move house. Moving to a new forum is you come over with ONLY your car.
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Sat May 08, 2010 10:27 am

Forum Rolling Eyes
Naraku
Naraku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiberian Fiend Sat May 08, 2010 12:53 pm

SilentMirage wrote:Our mod should be something shiny and brand new like Starcraft 2, a TS 2.0 is more like a cheap upgrade, so it's a no go. As for the Forgetten forces, I think we better create our own instead, copying from the other Forgotten mod is not gonna go well, author permission is one thing, but passing their technology into our mod is going to be a problem in terms of timeline. Their Forgotten mod takes place during C&C3, ours is a replacement of C&C4 (Takes place after Kane's Wrath).

I see what you mean, a total conversion. But remember, Starcraft 2's storyline continues from Brood War. Our mod here MUST also continue after Kane's Wrath, no plotholes like EA did with C&C4's storyline of how they started the show are not allowed.

PS : Is that quote system has a problem? It looks more like our own comments without the quote command was used. Anyway, it's not a big deal when the new forum comes out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

@slient: Who said i was copying?

Kanes wrath starts from TS and moves through to getting the tactus, C&C ends on the completion of the Threshold 19 scrin tower we know from kanes wrath that kane had the tactus, and at the start of C&C 4 we are told he made a deal with gdi to ensure the TCN sometime between C&C 3 and 4.

I've not much clue on what the storyline would be from the start of the mod, but i would like to see the story line i suggested on the story thread, which includes kane's ascension spliting remaining Nod forces into Kane's Black hand who believe he will come back for them, and the splitters of Nod(civilian Nod) who are attacking GDI/Black hand with no direction. During that the scrin invade "un-noticed" from threshold 19 to key GDI cities, with their teliport causing a major chain reaction within the TCN from the scrin towers, causing tiberium to flood the landscape around the network(not intended by the scrin). The forgotten stand a neutral ground during the invasion untill attacked, where they use their mutations(weapon skills, tiberium related powers) to cause the scrin invasion forces to thin out.

at that point i'm not sure what the GDI story would continue with nor the Nod, but thats up for discussion
Tiberian Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Sat May 08, 2010 12:54 pm

Ya, I'll see what I can do about the quote thing, give me a few secs
Naraku
Naraku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Sat May 08, 2010 1:12 pm

Well Tib Fiend, as you know, when I read the CNCNZ Roundtable regarding the C&C4 storyline, what they say is true as they already played the game. And the result is no good, I bet the storywriters wrote is begin somewhere too far away from the last game. And even worse, creates more questions than ever. Hence Hitler rants over as he said, "Epic conclusion? More like epic failure!"

So as for here, I'm thinking the story continues after LEGION saved the Tacitus from destruction and then a brand new story comes out. When play as GDI, General Jack Granger is back along with some old faces. And in Nod, you're now the highest ranking member of the Inner Circle and Kane introduces you to LEGION. Yeap, that's what I'm talking about here, EA will never fill up the holes like I did in this paragraph.

Don't forget, we're going to take a different approach, rather than the Commander being a mute guy, we decide to make him talk instead, just like Naraku showed us the MechWarrior 4 game.

EDIT : Fixed the problem that is not MGS4 (Metal Gear Solid 4), it's actually MechWarrior 4.

Last edited by SilentMirage on Sat May 08, 2010 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Renaming a specific game)
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Raiden4900 Sat May 08, 2010 1:24 pm

SilentMirage wrote:..just like Naraku showed us the MGS4 game.

Who, what, where?
Raiden4900
Raiden4900

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Sat May 08, 2010 1:26 pm

Oops, not Metal Gear Solid 4, my bad. It's MechWarrior 4. Right here,

https://reduxmod.darkbb.com/cc4-redux-public-mod-forum-f1/cc4-redux-fmv-t20-30.htm#291
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Raiden4900 Sat May 08, 2010 2:28 pm

Oh.. Dammit. That new game looks awesome btw.
Raiden4900
Raiden4900

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiberian Fiend Sun May 09, 2010 5:48 pm

Unit suggestion;

The Fallen One:
Buildable from mutant hovel

This member of Nod orignaly covered his/her self with robes to ensure their acceptance within the Nod's infantry lines; however time has taken it's toll, the tiberium infusion process can change new genetic codes which aren't compatable with the process - heighting the chances of mutation.

Now believed to be insane, the "Fallen ones" roam the barren cityscapes of destroyed yellow zones - often found with mutations that render tiberium formations around the arms of a victim, often with large tiberian claws and hooded long jackets; these are the least socialible varrity of the forgotten.

Effective VS Vehicles - light and heavy ground
Very effective Vs Infantry - all types
Weak againest base defences + aircraft.

Melee weapon (can spawn visceroids, also has leap ability; to close the gap).

Only 5 can be built at once.
Tiberian Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum