Command & Conquer IV: Tiberian Eclipse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C&C4's new storylines

+5
Golan2781
benno242010
IamError
Naraku
SilentMirage
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

C&C4's new storylines - Page 2 Empty Re: C&C4's new storylines

Post  iPcc Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:03 pm

Well, since the original story of C&C:4 initially involves the Scrin (but was later removed due to budget constraints) why not include them on the story? Here's my humorous take on it:

While GDI and NOD are building the TCN initiative, Scrin orders a full invasion on Earth. They arrived using the last remaining warp gate tower that stands. They started invading Blue Zones defended by GDI and thus forcing GDI to respond. While GDI and Scrin were fighting, Kane and his NOD brothers, sneakily went to the other side of the warp gate tower. He founds out that Scrin's motherland is empty (due to every alien invading Earth) and saw a cord going from the tower to a some sort of an alien power plant.

He pulls the plug and thus the warp gate goes offline. The full Scrin armada is now trapped on Earth killing every single GDI while Kane and the brotherhood are partying in one of the beaches in the Scrin's motherland.

The Plug - a technology of peace!
iPcc

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:34 pm

iPcc wrote:Well, since the original story of C&C:4 initially involves the Scrin (but was later removed due to budget constraints) why not include them on the story? Here's my humorous take on it:

While GDI and NOD are building the TCN initiative, Scrin orders a full invasion on Earth. They arrived using the last remaining warp gate tower that stands. They started invading Blue Zones defended by GDI and thus forcing GDI to respond. While GDI and Scrin were fighting, Kane and his NOD brothers, sneakily went to the other side of the warp gate tower. He founds out that Scrin's motherland is empty (due to every alien invading Earth) and saw a cord going from the tower to a some sort of an alien power plant.

He pulls the plug and thus the warp gate goes offline. The full Scrin armada is now trapped on Earth killing every single GDI while Kane and the brotherhood are partying in one of the beaches in the Scrin's motherland.

The Plug - a technology of peace!

ahh, I love that quote
Naraku
Naraku
Admin

https://reduxmod.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  granyte Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:58 pm

SilentMirage wrote:I may not be the best storywriter, but I'm doing my best to keep it as Westwoody as possible. But don't worry, I'm a generous guy, so I usually leave most of the storywriting and decision making all to the modding team leaders. Wink After all, we don't want to create a storyline which suddenly creates new holes or makes no sense.

you apparently made it way to westwoods for some people LOL
granyte

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:52 am

Don't get me wrong, I don't write these for the Westwood haters, I'm doing this for the whole community which consists of old Westwood & current EA fans (Not to mention C&C4 haters). Yes, the Westwood haters are obviously hardcore EA fanboys, so they know they can threaten me, possibly they might threaten this mod.

It begins me to wonder, is Westwood really a sensitive word? Once that name is mentioned, trolls & haters will start gathering to attack the one who wrote it. Come on, Westwood is the founder of C&C, NOT EA. Suspect And besides, Westwood did the job on our franchise very well, EA is not.
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

C&C4's new storylines - Page 2 Empty the forgotten

Post  havok_88 Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:40 pm

i really like the idea of benno's story line. It reintroduces and puts a final touch on the forgotten and I would speculate that a large following would enjoy to see the mutant faction have an actual story line and be playable.

As far as the scrin, nod and gdi campaigns are concerned bringing justice to the story line from where it was really headed after TS:FS or just after TS would be optimal in my own opinion. However, EA did not entirely create a void in the C&C tiberian universe because we can look at the ideas they had and redo the poor execution.

The idea of the TNC is not bad but implementing it in the way they did removed a lot of the need to "gather resources". This community could easily show that if we like the TNC idea how to properly make it work for the players.

Ascension has been key for Kane since the beginning so while EA ended the campaign in away that was fitting it left far too many "what the hell". I can only speka for myself but I would like "as the commander" to be informed as to why he did what he did and what his future plans even if they are short sighted plans.

Remember these ideas and I hope that even if they are not used they spark something better to be used in the mod.

Peace through Power
havok_88
havok_88

Back to top Go down

Post  IamError Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:01 pm

It's fun being a westwood fan, excpesially when you know a couple of guys who are harcore RTS EA fans. Even more fun is when they try to insult you, only being unsulted back with something much worse. I just love how they rage.

While CNC4 really isn't such a bad game, it's certainly not a Command & Conquer title. They are around gathering resources and such, building a base. Which was all taken away by CNC4. Also the inbalanced Multiplayer (Something which I don't recall in any other C&C game yet) just broke it for me. It's not really fair when all you have is a couple of Tier I units (That suck) and someone has got some über destruction walkers. But the reason I still hate is because it has the title Comman & Conquer. That title says that this game is awesome. CNC4 isn't awesome.

Peace through power, bitches. Kane lives!
IamError
IamError

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:44 pm

IamError wrote:It's fun being a westwood fan, excpesially when you know a couple of guys who are harcore RTS EA fans. Even more fun is when they try to insult you, only being unsulted back with something much worse. I just love how they rage.

While CNC4 really isn't such a bad game, it's certainly not a Command & Conquer title. They are around gathering resources and such, building a base. Which was all taken away by CNC4. Also the inbalanced Multiplayer (Something which I don't recall in any other C&C game yet) just broke it for me. It's not really fair when all you have is a couple of Tier I units (That suck) and someone has got some über destruction walkers. But the reason I still hate is because it has the title Comman & Conquer. That title says that this game is awesome. CNC4 isn't awesome.

Peace through power, bitches. Kane lives!

I know, I even encounter people are starting to drop my karmas. After all, those EA VS Westwood fans war just never stop, and where did all that war comes from, it's from EALA itself, not from us. No EALA is the Adolf Hitler who started the war and we are the soldiers are fighting out here for nothing.

Anyway, C&C4 maybe ok for me to try, but too bad I'm not very good with RTT, so I'm not interested. Even if I would be an RTT player, I will play it, ONLY if C&C4 is a brand new game with a non-C&C name. Like the jihad video I watched in Youtube, a little like Generals but much worse, it's a non-C&C game but steals the C&C name.

If only should have test their Crawler systems and all that on a brand new game. Not on C&C4! No

By the way, check this one, one of our 2 C&C fathers, Adam Isgreen comments on C&C4, read all about it!

http://obscured-view.com/?p=449
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:02 pm

IMO, C&C Generals Zero Hour was the most fun C&C ever made
Naraku
Naraku
Admin

https://reduxmod.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:11 pm

Naraku wrote:IMO, C&C Generals Zero Hour was the most fun C&C ever made

I got to admit, I did have fun with Generals & Zero Hour, but I treat them as a regular RTS, not the original C&C RTS we know. EA didn't know what they were doing during that time. Evil or Very Mad Today, C&C4 is just NOT C&C & RTS like we know, theirs is a pure crap & a copy-from-other-games RTT.
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:39 am

I hope this is a reasonable double post.

Well, there you have it. After I read the recent CNCNZ Roundtable, http://www.cncnz.com/features/roundtable/2010/28/ . Apparently things are not looking good, and it's OFFICIAL, the story is no good as written in Question 2, the whole thing is like back to the drawing board. I guess my revised version of the GDI storyline may not be worth it after all. The reasons of it has been criticized in the following as written in the Roundtable :

1. Epic conclusion? A BIG FAT NO!!
2. C&C4's storyline has relatively zero connection to the past lore of the Tiberium universe
3. As usual, campaign is too short.
4. Rushed and poorly executed.
5. C&C4 simply adds more plot holes, raises more questions, and takes everything we loved about Command & Conquer and throws it away.

So Naraku, Spider_Pig_Rocks, I guess you'll figure out to write something to satisfy us now. Rock on!

PS : Speaking of EVA as said by one of the speakers, I'm not sure if it sounds good in C&C4 (Both GDI & Nod). But I do remember that people say GDI's version is like a remixed version of RA3's EotRS, Nod's EVA is like an angry old man and without the reverb (compare to C&C3's Nod EVA, which sounds a little like Darth Vader but only by 40-60%, the seriousness is there but not quite much compare to TS' CABAL).

I wonder if this mod will feature the newer voices and much more serious tones of EVA & LEGION, for example, like EVA & CABAL in Tiberian Sun, they're kickass! Eva sounds begin to lose its seriousness ever since RA3 was developed. Hopefully this mod will have it sound more serious instead. Or are we going to retain the original C&C3 Eva sounds from all factions?
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  IamError Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:02 am

I just watched the ending of C&C4 (On Youtube), and really. What. The. Eff?
The whole C&C series has been dark and so on, and this just... Just...
What could I say that describes this?
IamError
IamError

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:03 pm

I already done that too, I found them only 3 STAR out of 5 or below, especially I don't like Nod's ending. Westwood could have done it as 4.5 or even a full 5 STAR. So far, like the Roundtable I mentioned just now, EA is doing more poor jobs than ever. Forget the CGI room I've been asking for, I hope no one works over there at all. Job seekers, EA's irresistible amount of wages are nice, but your choice of working over there is going to scar your entire career & reputation. Go work elsewhere better, like Blizzard Entertainment.
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiberian Fiend Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:28 am

How about :

Nod's remaining population, left by kane and his close circle of followers; denied by false words have now caused havok, running riot in GDI's blue zones and destroying everything like wreakless children - Nod however still contains afew splinter groups who believe Kane has not abandoned them - and hope to see the return of kane from the scrin tower. The chaos in Nod and cities all over the world now has allowed the forgotten to play their cards with little consquence, small groups such as the "sons of urmagon"(reference from kanes wrath) are now moving in to locate a future from the knowledge of the tactus, with the forgotten's goal to achieve this, a cult of tiberium worshipers have now emerged from the shadows to claim the tactus from GDI, just as GDI did from them.

Amongest all this chaos the scrin tower nears its true purpose...
Tiberian Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum