Command & Conquer IV: Tiberian Eclipse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A boxart for the mod?

4 posters

Go down

A boxart for the mod? Empty A boxart for the mod?

Post  SilentMirage Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:19 am

Although this one is still early, I'm flowing with good ideas. Yeap, that's what I'm talking about here, it's boxart time. Rather than EA's crappy X design and involves copying & pasting concept arts to make them into a boxart (Westwood's boxarts are all drawn from scratch), we're going back to the old times the way it was used to be and it should be. The Soldier's Head!

A boxart for the mod? CnC_Tiberian_Twilight_by_Councilor A boxart for the mod? CnC_Tiberian_Twilight_v2__UPD__by_Councilor

These are the old ones which I found so far, they look great. But we're going to draw a new one which suits for Tiberian Eclipse. Despite a mod is, well, a mod, I wonder if we like to create a boxart for it. After all, we want to end the series with a bang, so the boxart is one of the ingredients. Wink
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

A boxart for the mod? Empty Re: A boxart for the mod?

Post  iPcc Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:46 pm

Kane's head works good for me. He is the main focus of the campaign arc anyway ^^
iPcc

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:52 pm

Kane's Head would be nice, we can use the C&C3 Kane head, but with a full face instead, not half face like EA drew.
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:53 pm

we're going to have a mock boxart once we launch our pwnsome website
Naraku
Naraku
Admin

https://reduxmod.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:04 am

I sure hope so, man. Hopefully it's the Westwood's traditional Soldier's Head style. Enough with EA's crappy X design, they're not just lazy, they're too stubborn. If you haven't been keeping up, the boxart is totally rip off by copying & pasting concept arts, the art team rip them off so they can create them as a "boxart". Even RA3 & Uprising also the same. No

So anyway, hopefully our version will be more Westwood traditional style, no copying & pasting concept arts, just purely drawn from scratch such as the ones from C&C1 all the way to Yuri's Revenge. EA's Generals (Zero Hour doesn't count) boxart was not that bad either.
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  havok_88 Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:59 pm

This is one of the arts i've found while looking for decent mod sites and art.
A boxart for the mod? Cnc4no15A boxart for the mod? Cnc4no16

im not suggesting this as the box art but this is a very ominous art which is something i enjoy
havok_88
havok_88

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:42 pm

That's alright if this is not an official boxart, we may not 100% hate & like, but what we'll be planning is that the boxart is going to be the classic Soldier's Head. We're going back all the way to Westwood old school, giving fans what they want to end the Tiberium saga with the biggest bang of all, not the smallest puff of wind which EA did.
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:46 pm

that's right, btw, if you get an opportunity to join the team, you should, we have alot going on here, we have to leave you guys in the dark sometimes because we are quite busy, as you can see.
Naraku
Naraku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:07 pm

That's ok, with the lack of manpower as we know, things are like having their lights turning on & off. So we'll understand, we'll have to be patient. Let's hope this mod will be alright despite some hardcore EA fanboys want to do whatever it takes to destroy it, or worse, with Starcraft 2 on the way, I was afraid that your teammates might get addicted to not just playing it, hopefully they don't end up modding that game.

Starcraft 2 will have plenty of great mods upon release, so it's best that we focus on finishing up our own mod here.
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:21 pm

SilentMirage wrote:That's ok, with the lack of manpower as we know, things are like having their lights turning on & off. So we'll understand, we'll have to be patient. Let's hope this mod will be alright despite some hardcore EA fanboys want to do whatever it takes to destroy it, or worse, with Starcraft 2 on the way, I was afraid that your teammates might get addicted to not just playing it, hopefully they don't end up modding that game.

Starcraft 2 will have plenty of great mods upon release, so it's best that we focus on finishing up our own mod here.
lol, that is somewhat of a problem because I know that at least 2 of them are in the beta, personally, I'm not because I took too long to apply.

I expect a mod of this size to take about a year and a half unless we can get some teams from other mods to assist us once they are done with their mods, and even then, this will still take more than a year, I'm not in a rush because I want to get this done right, after all, its not everyday you get a chance to make C&C history. In a few months we will be able to show you some screenshots and gameplay videos, we will also release an early beta.
Naraku
Naraku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:25 pm

Take your time, The Forgotten mod also did the same. Rushing mods is like rushing quality like EA did, so don't do that, if Westwood (Not Petroglyph) is still alive, they take their good time to perfect their games. Oh, hopefully we don't end up like Blizzard who took their sweetest time to work on Starcraft 2.

Yo, I found something while I was at Deviantart.

A boxart for the mod? CNC3_Gamebox_Cover_by_Alex05

A member found this picture in a magazine, yeap, the old Soldier's Head style again which was meant for C&C3. That one is way better than EA's crappy X design, but I got to criticize a little bit for the use of concept art to make it as a boxart, but what am I thinking, that box was not officially made by EA, probably made by the magazine artist I think.
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  havok_88 Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:07 pm

i like that art there one idea that hit me in the forehead (me being nod biased) was the first nod fmv in TS where the nod solider where half the helmet is missing would be an awesome piece of art
havok_88
havok_88

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Sun May 16, 2010 2:45 am

Just in case if the new website is about to go online, I want to let you all know that a friend of mine, who is the artist who drew the 2 boxarts above, Councilor. He agreed that he'll create a Soldier's Head boxart for our Tiberian Eclipse mod.

Naraku, this issue has been quiet for some time now. So, your mock up boxart is already finished? Councilor is currently modeling the props for the boxarts. And yes, he's doing 3D as he's a 3D lecturer, so he sucked at drawing as he told me about it.
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Sun May 16, 2010 9:25 am

Well, this has not been one of our primary concerns, also, this was a fan based request, so if you would like to go with the idea, then someone on your side will have to do it.
Naraku
Naraku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Sun May 16, 2010 10:34 am

I know, because I'm concern that if you finished your own version, my friend might have wasted his time modeling for nothing when who knows your boxart is the most kickass version ever made. So luckily you told me it's not a big issue to look into and you might haven't draw it yet. But don't worry, Councilor right now is modeling the stuff, I'm not sure what's he's preparing, but do let me know what are the compulsory things needed in order for the boxart to look awesome. The Soldier's head is one thing, but what more do we need? So, you can think of the idea of what character to use (Either a GDI or Nod soldier or even Kane's head), what are the things are we going to put in the background (Like an Orca, cyborg or whatever), etc.. Do prepare a list of stuff so I can tell him to model the stuffs we need, otherwise if he's modeling stuffs we don't need, we wasted his time.

So, ready for the list, do gather your team members to create a list of it (OR even better if you scribble a draft version of our boxart). Remember, he sucks at drawing, so there will NOT be any drafts or artwork of how his final boxart will look like (I asked for it but he seriously sucks at drawing, no mouse drawings or even a simple pencil drawn on paper).

Last edited by SilentMirage on Sun May 16, 2010 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Sun May 16, 2010 10:36 am

I really would have preffered that you did this sometime later because even though we do have models, we dont have any textures for them, if we do this now, then we will have images of units that wont be in the actual game like the C&C4 box.
Naraku
Naraku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Sun May 16, 2010 10:43 am

We got C&C4 units in EA's boxart that is not in the game? What are they?

Anyway, I did tell him to start later. But the problem is, he's actually a 3D modeler, not a 2D artist like me, worse, he's now begin modeling stuff which I don't know. So the process is very different of how we do, here's how we work in a project.

2D : We take a short amount of time doing drafts, THEN a very long long time doing productions and final touch-ups in Photoshop.
3D (In Councilor's perspective) : I don't do drafts, I suck at drawing. I take a very very long time modeling things (including things TE doesn't need), then the final version of the boxart will take a short time to get it rendered.

Normally drafts are compulsory in the early stages, but Councilor ignores that. I told him about it but he still refuses to listen. He just skips and starts modeling stuff. I even told him to scribble a boxart but he said he's pretty sucky as though like he has no single art talent AT ALL (Unless he's commissioned or doing a project that involves money)! So expect time to be wasted and final versions of his boxarts may end up as things we're not having in mind (Or in another word as rejected designs). Drafts are needed but he'll never draw one unless we pay him. No
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum