Command & Conquer IV: Tiberian Eclipse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coding Crawlers ...

+2
SilentMirage
SEA-106
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Coding Crawlers ... - Page 2 Empty Re: Coding Crawlers ...

Post  SilentMirage Wed May 05, 2010 12:22 am

Yes, we're going all old school. But as for the MCVs, we're not going to use EA's C&C4 Crawler models, we'll make our own. EA's models are just for inspiration, C&C3's models might be kept. And take note that we're going to have subfactions, that means we're going to have 1 MCV different for each subfaction, just like C&C4 did.

As for those subfactions, we're going back to the classic again, not with the name as Defence, Support & Offence, we're going back as vanilla GDI, Steel Talon, ZOCOM, vanilla Nod, Black Hand & Marked of Kane.
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Thu May 06, 2010 4:09 pm

Not quite on the last one, although we may give them more pleasing names than Assault, Defense, and Support, we may not be using some of EA's names.
Naraku
Naraku
Admin

https://reduxmod.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Thu May 06, 2010 10:50 pm

What? Even Black Hand, Marked of Kane, Steel Talon names, etc.. are not going to be used? So, what do you have in mind? I know it's obvious that we cannot use C&C4's original names, but honestly, I'm not really sure a new name will be a good idea, the Hitler rant tells that fans want back the C&C3 names, such as the Marked of Kane & LEGION.

When I watched the Starcraft 2 cinematics trailer, it tells the story related back to Brood War. So we need to relate back to what's left after Kane's Wrath. So any name changes such as the subfaction names may seem to be big risk, and in my opinion, it's a bad idea to change the KW's subfaction names.
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Fri May 07, 2010 7:49 am

SilentMirage wrote:What? Even Black Hand, Marked of Kane, Steel Talon names, etc.. are not going to be used? So, what do you have in mind? I know it's obvious that we cannot use C&C4's original names, but honestly, I'm not really sure a new name will be a good idea, the Hitler rant tells that fans want back the C&C3 names, such as the Marked of Kane & LEGION.

When I watched the Starcraft 2 cinematics trailer, it tells the story related back to Brood War. So we need to relate back to what's left after Kane's Wrath. So any name changes such as the subfaction names may seem to be big risk, and in my opinion, it's a bad idea to change the KW's subfaction names.
Again, we have to be careful which names we use because EA could come down on us really hard, and we don't want that.
Naraku
Naraku
Admin

https://reduxmod.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Fri May 07, 2010 8:19 am

Oh, I see what you mean. Use brand new original names for the subfactions to make them different from EA's, maybe the reason you told me here is to avoid EA shutting down the entire mod project, am I right? Oookay, Shocked sounds like a gamble but must do it and also it's going to be a tough one to come out brand new subfaction names. Sorry, my hall of creativity is empty, can't think of any good names. Sad

As for the Nod EVA, shall we keep it as LEGION? GDI's EVA name is already original for a very long time, renaming it will not be a good idea.
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Golan2781 Sat May 08, 2010 2:20 am

You're using their franchise, changing sub-faction names won't change that. Hell, you're using their engine. If they want to shut you down, they will, no use trying to come up with loopholes that won't do you any good anyways.
Golan2781

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Sat May 08, 2010 5:45 am

Even though we didn't profit any money from it, but I got the feeling this mod is more like anti-EA (In this case, anti-C&C4) and it hurts them, thus possibly we're driving EA's victims or conned customers away from their fraud C&C4 game. We are saving the customers, but EA is trying to stop us. We the fans don't lie, but EA refuses to admit of how bad the franchise is in, and most of all, listen to us.

So I'm not sure if they really want to shut this mod down despite we make no money out from it. Pirates are the ones will do that, I've seen mods get sold in stores before in my country.

In this case, we will think of something. We can't just abandon the whole mod like Blizzard did with another good game, Starcraft Ghost. C&C4 had a disgrace and brings disease, and we're here to bring the antidote and cure.
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Golan2781 Tue May 11, 2010 8:58 am

EA couldn't care less if you drew away customers that have already bought the game. It's not like many are still playing it anyways. Unless you rub them the wrong way 24/7, they will hardly care.

BTW Blizzard canceled Starcraft Ghost due to the game being stuck in development hell for several years, which was really the only sensible move to do. Same with TIBERIUM.
Golan2781

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Tue May 11, 2010 9:06 am

Even though we will not get stuck in development, but I'm worried of the mod being cut off from lack of popularity (Which I don't think so) or mostly lack of manpower to assist. Like Naraku still said, he still needs men to help on the mod.

Of course EA may already stolen our money from our pockets, but don't forget, once we're conned, we're getting smarter and more anti-EA than ever. In this way, more customers will have their loyalties fall as well as business investors losing shares, not to mention we the betrayed fans will warn & tell solemnly to other people who are still faithful to EA, we reveal its true colors and then their loyalty will be instantly dropped (I got the feeling EA is the anti-Christ & Adolf Hitler in the gaming world). Think of it this way, EA was popular in the past, today, it's all going down to hell. Just like George Bush, he's popular during his 1st term, then in the 2nd term, he's going down the drain. This mod is going to bring the cure to our anti-EA hatred, a little bit like Obama, or in a better example, Westwood.

But be warned, I'm worried that we may end up getting addicted to Starcraft 2 once it comes out. SC2 may have great mods, but our C&C still remains a disgrace, so hopefully our own dev team stays and continues to give C&C its most honorary & sweetest ending. And another, EA hired Jon Van Caneghem to be ready to supervise our franchise, *face palms* they hired him in order to earn more money in the future instead of burying the diseased franchise, so far, I bet EA is planning another con scheme despite their old idiotic and moronic dev teams (including the art team who drew & model our crappy C&C4 units) were axed out. Watch out! We can never be too careful what they're planning next.
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum