Command & Conquer IV: Tiberian Eclipse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C&C4 REDUX FMV

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

C&C4 REDUX FMV - Page 2 Empty Re: C&C4 REDUX FMV

Post  Raiden4900 Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:46 am

Actors for the EVA's wont be a problem. Neither with the unit phrases.
Raiden4900
Raiden4900

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:17 am

Well, sounds good to me. Let's see what's more. Smile

PS : Once the new forum is ready, hope we'll get to see a compilation of new artworks as well as any audio samples you send to Naraku. Raiden, it'll be a good chance when you & your actors are ready. Wink
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Raiden4900 Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:49 am

SilentMirage wrote:Well, sounds good to me. Let's see what's more. Smile

PS : Once the new forum is ready, hope we'll get to see a compilation of new artworks as well as any audio samples you send to Naraku. Raiden, it'll be a good chance when you & your actors are ready. Wink

Haha. Sure m8.
Raiden4900
Raiden4900

Back to top Go down

Post  Raiden4900 Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:20 am

A little update. Yesterday, I connected my sampler+mic+anythingelse to my PC, and made some EVA phraseses. It WORKED! Damn it was awesome. Only problem is, that either the mic is broke, or there is some sort of interference, cass there is some background noise. But damn, this gotta be good. My female actor for GDI's EVA was also here. This gonna be beautifull.
Raiden4900
Raiden4900

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:53 am

Hell yes about this one, it's gonna be good! Very Happy

Once you're at it, don't forget to tweak it for both TD & TS versions, we the fans will vote which one's the best and will suit for the mod. Just like I created the Hand of Nod poll, which one will you choose, it's all to the fans' decisions including us, not the creators alone. Wink
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Raiden4900 Sat May 08, 2010 6:41 am

New Ideas recieved.

Playing through the C&C3 campaing as Nod, I came to an new idea if you "want" Kane in the FMV's. Much of the cutscenes is without music, therefor we can use his voice, pull together our own sentence for him and make it as a burst transmission, you know? A transmission with kane on it, but scattered, so you only get glimse of his face, when he does the talking. Another thing I was wondering. You never see "yourself" as the commander you play in C&C. Why not try and take some of the FMV's, and make transitions between Kane an your commanderdude. Seems alot more easy than ripping Kane himself from the FMV's and paste him on our own. Be my... guess.
Raiden4900
Raiden4900

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Sat May 08, 2010 10:07 am

Well, you can try. Here's what I'm thinking if I were a professional like you. Here's what I'll do and give them a try.

1. Hire a voice actor to voice Kane. Like the EVA voices, the voice actor will not sound the same like Joe Kucan's, so I remix it to become sound more like Joe Kucan himself.
2. To replace EA's bad C&C4 storyline, we create our own, but that requires hiring a near replica Kane actor to play as, well, Kane. Forget Joe Kucan, hiring him to help us is not free, he has to be paid big time if we hire him.

If a guy has hair, better shave it off for the biggest bang ending. Those with glasses, put on contact lenses or perform with just eyes alone. The mustache & beard will be easy to place, make-up. Fans may not appreciate a Kane wannabee, but what can we do, EA already screwed us & Joe Kucan might be hard to negotiate unless he's kind & generous to offer himself to play as Kane in our video studio for free.
3. As for the Commander, why not try Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 style? If you play the game, Captain "Soap" MacTavish (Your playable character from the previous MW1 game) speaks. OR, like Renegade's Lt. Havok, he speaks during gameplay whenever anyone talks with him interactively. Rather than a quiet commander, we make him talk instead.

What do you say?

Last edited by SilentMirage on Sat May 08, 2010 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Sat May 08, 2010 10:09 am

Yh, lets have the commander make some smart-ass comments, like in Mechwarrior 4, anyone here played it?
Naraku
Naraku
Admin

https://reduxmod.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Sat May 08, 2010 10:15 am

I don't play that game, but I do play Renegade & Modern Warfare 1 & 2. Those games involve the character you play as do speak, even when they're hurt, they'll shout for pain. C&C4's just too quiet even without expressing fear (When the GDI commando tells you to stand down) or pain (When Col. James shot you in the Nod ending).

And another, I played another game called "Act of War : Direct Action" & its "High Treason" expansion, I played as General or Colonel Jason Richter (Rank I forgot), I have a higher commanding officer commands me while my EVA (Technically a lieutenant partner) tells me about mission objective, AND I talk back.
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Sat May 08, 2010 10:25 am

MW4

new Mechwarrior coming out
Naraku
Naraku
Admin

https://reduxmod.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Raiden4900 Sat May 08, 2010 10:31 am

I like the ideas for Kane, but I don't think its gonna work. I don't know any Kane look-a-like. And Im pretty damn sure, no-one will shave their head for free.

Egoisme FTW.

I think we are better of by "renting" Kane from the FMV's as much as possible.
Raiden4900
Raiden4900

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Sat May 08, 2010 10:33 am

Wow, sounds good. That's what I'm talking about if we were playing MW2 or Renegade. But too bad MW2's Soap doesn't speak when you play as him other than he's hurt (when near death), only in the CGI movies before the mission begins is where he talks. In-game, he doesn't.

Anyway, as for the video you show, it's a whole lot better and understood. Wink Thanks, Naraku.

EDIT : Raiden, do you remember the "Are you Kane" contest 2 years ago? I'm not sure if those actors who shot themselves in those photos will volunteer, even if they don't 100% look like Kane. Finally, I found the link, except the news article gone, but I do find this.

http://planetcnc.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=147091

Trevor Long the winner did play Kane very well, despite US maybe a big country and bringing the winner from another state into yours is kind of far though. silent

Last edited by SilentMirage on Sat May 08, 2010 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Raiden4900 Sat May 08, 2010 10:44 am

SilentMirage wrote: Raiden, do you remember the "Are you Kane" contest 2 years ago? I'm not sure if those actors who shot themselves in those photos will volunteer, even if they don't 100% look like Kane. Finally, I found the link, except the news article gone, but I do find this.

Yeah, I remember. But I think you are forgetting one very basic thing.. We are from Denmark. :s
Raiden4900
Raiden4900

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Sat May 08, 2010 10:48 am

*helicopter crash*

Yeap, I knew this is going to be a problem. That's why these limitations are hard to solve without huge financial support. Our mod here do have budgets as well, so we also do our best not to blow it over the top. Wink
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Raiden4900 Sat May 08, 2010 10:52 am

SilentMirage wrote:*helicopter crash*

Yeap, I knew this is going to be a problem. That's why these limitations are hard to solve without huge financial support. Our mod here do have budgets as well, so we also do our best not to blow it over the top. Wink

Lol. I just saw that in my own eyes, and damn thats fun. Gonna try make it for a small project. dudes flying in a chopper. "hey dude, are you hungry?" "No hobla englishe" and BAM!

Anyway. Ill see what I can dig up. Might as well try see how it goes taking Kane from the other FMVs and into our own. Now.. Back to EVA.
Raiden4900
Raiden4900

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Sat May 08, 2010 10:55 am

The helicopter crash was actually an expression for myself and knew I had missed the step of you all in Denmark.

Anyway, the FMV will take some time to figure it out. I'm sure you're not working alone, you maybe the producer or director, but you still have other people work alongside you and so forth. So let's wait & see.
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Raiden4900 Sat May 08, 2010 10:57 am

Meh. Fulltime production-manager in the sparetime is more like it. Very Happy They others works when I command them to. lol
Raiden4900
Raiden4900

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Sat May 08, 2010 11:09 am

Since you all work too, we can't wait for the storyline to arrive, we still got to prepare the stuffs. Props are one thing, characters are another. I had a friend in Deviantart is working on the Soldier's Head boxart, remember these?

https://reduxmod.darkbb.com/cc4-redux-public-mod-forum-f1/a-boxart-for-the-mod-t13.htm

Those boxart he created are NOT drawn in Photoshop, he used 3D to model the subjects and finally render the whole thing to create a boxart after the arrangement and so forth. No Photoshop was involved, just plain 3D software. Modeling takes weeks or months to finish, but rendering is only a few hours.

Anyway, we should focus on the characters, here's what I'm thinking as a requirement :

1. LEGION (Like in TS, CABAL is not just a Nod EVA, he's also a character)
2. Nod Commander (Prefer that he needs a name)
3. Nod commanding officer (Like Lt. EVA, Ajay, etc..)
4. GDI Commander (Same as #2)
5. GDI commanding officer (Same as #3)
6. Kane (From dialogues taken from FMVs, use it to interact. Just like in KW, the FMV which stars Alexa Kovacs, it has another FMV taken from the C&C3 game)

The above Hitler videos are examples like #6.
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Raiden4900 Sat May 08, 2010 11:21 am

I like what you come up with. Thoes boxarts looks sweet, but as you said, it looks like it haven't been rendered yet. And no.6 was actually what I tried to explain about Kane. cheers Oh. Come to think, If you guys ever wanted something like Kane's appearence in TS with all the crowds and such, I think we can do it just as awesome.
Raiden4900
Raiden4900

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Sat May 08, 2010 11:27 am

True true, those Hitler videos I got are the authors made them by extracting the game's FMVs, and then compile them into the Hitler videos, and finally turn them into parodies.

And sure, using the Hassan execution scene in the TS Nod campaign is of no problem. It depends on how it goes, after all, you're the director. Wink
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Raiden4900 Sat May 08, 2010 11:30 am

Yeah, but not my story. Wink
Raiden4900
Raiden4900

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content