Command & Conquer IV: Tiberian Eclipse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recruitment Thread

+16
iPcc
SEA-106
SilentMirage
LordNIKON
CnC_Lover
azurelao
Trailhog250
Loreweaver
Tobii
Stalker89
_L_o_k_i_
CnC_Fin
Spider_Pig_Rocks
Huhnu
IamError
Naraku
20 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Recruitment Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Recruitment Thread

Post  Naraku Sat May 29, 2010 7:47 am

yh, but still, its not a well known unit
Naraku
Naraku
Admin

https://reduxmod.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Sat May 29, 2010 3:26 pm

It may not be well known but we cannot have 2 units using the same name, 1 Nod & 1 Scrin will be a total disaster, even if this mod will end up being a Kane's Wrath mod.
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Sat May 29, 2010 10:21 pm

Based on the assumption that the scrin faction will have a unit called the ravager, there u ppl go around guessing again. Evil or Very Mad
Naraku
Naraku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Sun May 30, 2010 1:50 am

Err, I'm not guessing. Here's the proof...

http://www.cncden.com/cnc3_kw_scrinunits.shtml
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Sun May 30, 2010 8:35 am

*facepalm

thats not what i meant, i meant scrin in the mod and a scrin unit called ravager in the mod
Naraku
Naraku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Sun May 30, 2010 1:46 pm

Please Naraku, of course we do not have a Ravager unit inside the mod, but if we're going to turn this TE mod into a Kane's Wrath mod, having a Scrin Ravager unit (Which is official EA made) against your Nod Ravager aircraft (Which is you made), there will be a name clash and that will question our fans, they'll ask like this for sure, "How come there are 2 units using the same name?!"

Even if this might end up as a C&C3 mod, people will still be familiar who the Ravager is, they'll still question us! After all, C&C fans do play Kane's Wrath and so do I. So I suggest a total different name, never copy from what EA created, name clashes can be a major issue. We can use their C&C4 unit names, but C&C3 & KW unit names are not allowed. It's obviously why, because C&C4 is a total bad game, C&C3 & KW are already good games.

Remember the last time when RA3 has the Mirage Tank, some people criticize it as a Mirage Tank but with the Prism Tank's power, which they find it partially acceptable. Or the Flak Trooper, people thought it's going to spray nothing but anti-infantry black smoke or dust like in RA2, but instead it turns into a real anti-vehicle infantry.

EDIT : It also begins to worry me, the Shockwave vehicle we had earlier, I doubt about that too. That Shockwave is already EA's made Shatterer, we have to leave the name as it is. If you want to use the Shockwave name, we have to model a different model that replaces and looks different from EA's Shatterer.

I'm trying to be honest here, because I'm also a fan of this mod and imagine if there are more players playing this mod and if it's already finished. I want to make sure all of these questions does not happen. Don't be like EA who loves to make questions, we want to give answers instead.
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Sun May 30, 2010 5:09 pm

blame C&C4 for this, meanwhile, do you have a suggestion for a name that is not currently being used?

Also: regarding the shockwave/shatterer they are very different looking and distinct vehicles if u have played C&C4.
Naraku
Naraku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Mon May 31, 2010 4:32 am

As for C&C4, woo, not me, it's no point for me to buy a crappy game when it's already crappy, I had track its development from A to Z, so it's no point for me to try it. And besides, I'm a full timer, can't look into online games when I'm offline.

Anyway, another name we can use to replace your "Ravager" is, well, I'll give them a shot :

1. Vulture
2. Vulcan
3. Basilisk (Name from C&C4)
4. Cobra (Same as above)
5. Medusa (Same as above)
6. Salamander (Same as above)
7. Hellfire
8. Archon (Starcraft name)
9. Gryphon / Griffin
10.Phoenix
11.Dragon

Besides that, regarding the Scrin Ravager, who knows you might keep the Scrin faction and most of the units in KW, all of them are good though. EA did model the C&C3 units well enough, although I remember people criticize the Pitbull unit and possibly C&C4's Bulldog.

EDIT : Hold on, I saw that Shockwave. Got it already, don't worry, I have the game manual in color, now I see it. In this case, nope, the C&C4 model is 50% ok, we don't want that. We want something better than that. And yeap, there's the KW model.
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Mon May 31, 2010 8:10 am

Phoenix is good, we may consider using that one. The only reason I have C&C4 is because of this mod, I dont even play it much but we have to know what we are fixing.
Naraku
Naraku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentMirage Mon May 31, 2010 6:52 pm

Of course, I understand. The thing I know is, since I do own the colored PDF game manual, I saw there are tons of units need major makeovers. The icons are already pretty convincing, but I still need proof of how they look like in-game as well. Wink Hope you all can help, if you all have the time. I wish we could share it among ourselves since I bet the stupid NDA is still in effect (Which I still haven't hear any word that EA stopped it), so I hope you & any of your team members do open the game just to grab ALL of the GDI & Nod units from there.
SilentMirage
SilentMirage

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum